Friday, August 1, 2014

Book Review: BAMF

Title: BAMF

Author:  SJD Peterson

Publisher/GR Link: Dreamspinner, GR

Genre: MM

Vice: Contemporary, MM, Nerds

Rating: 4.25/5

Lock this book up : 4 out of 5 keys.  A sexy read where the hot sex supports a great romance.

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA

Cover Impressions: Adorable.  

Best Line: "I scream, you scream, the police come. It's awkward."

SynopsisWith his fauxhawk, sleeve tattoos, and visible piercings, Ridley Corbin has the whole bad ass vibe going on in spades. The image serves him well as the self-proclaimed protector of the underdog, and he wants nothing more than to be Alex Firestone's hero.

Alex, a mild-mannered library assistant, has moved to Slater, a quiet college town, hoping to hide from his past. He keeps to himself, but that doesn't save him from catching the unwanted attention of the campus bully. But not all is as it seems. Alex's past comes calling, and it's time he becomes top dog.

Impressions:  This book was on my TBR list from the second I read it, but it was not at all what I was expecting.  It's really hard not to give everything away (and I censored my favorite line just to maintain the suspense!) but this story was even more than I hoped for, and I'd love to see these guys again.

What I loved about this story was not only the great characters that Peterson created with Ridley and Alex, but that as a reader, I had to figure things out with the MC.  I went into this, as did the MCs, thinking I knew what was going to happen- but Peterson knocked me, and the MC, on our asses!

The characters are great, and so are the secondaries.  I was left with a smile on my face and a rueful shaking of my head.  Definitely check this one out.  It, like all of the other SJD Peterson books I have read, will not disappoint.  The sex is super hot and definitely supports the characterization and plot development, so it just all works together very well!

Highly Recommended!

This review is posted on Amazon and Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment