Sunday, July 27, 2014

Short Story Review: Love You So Hard

Title: Love You So Hard

Author: Tara Lain

Publisher/GR Link: MM Romance Group, GR

Genre: MM

Vice: Contemporary, Bottoming so hard, Becoming a top, FREEBIE, short story

Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Lock this book up :  4 out of 5 keys.  Very sexy and fun, but the sex works very well in the story!

Length: short story

Satisfaction: HEA- satisfied and good feels!

Cover Impressions: Cute.  Not super memorable, but cute. 

Best Line: "If he just hadn't reached so high, he'd still be living his dull gray life- and not know what he was missing."

SynopsisDear Author,

I saw him at my local corner store when I stopped in for some soda after work. He was wearing that damn T-shirt and now I can't get it out of my head. I'm thirty-two years old and have never topped in my life. Guys seem to think I have a sign on my forehead that says “bottom only”. The one time I asked, it didn't go well. But now it seems I see this kid, he's twenty if he's a day, everywhere, and that T-shirt text is burned in my brain. I wonder...
Can be any genre you like, and as explicit as you like. I'm not too fussy, but a first time top should be fun.


Impressions: This was a free read from the MM Romance group on goodreads, as a part of their Love Has No Boundaries event, where authors create a story based on a photograph.

This is a wonderful short story by the always entertaining Tara Lain.  Craig is stuck in a rut, and watching life pass him by when he sees Jessie in his "I Would Bottom You So Hard" shirt.  Craig, who has never topped in his life, is transfixed, and eventually asks Jessie to teach him to be a top.  Jessie takes him under his...err, wing... and teaches Craig how to be a top, in all areas of his life!

This short, fun read made me smile through each page.  Jessie is wonderfully lovable, and Craig is endearing and dorky.  I loved Jessie's compassion and ability to lift Craig's view of himself.  Though Craig feels more on top of the world once he becomes a top, I loved that this didn't boil down to an oversimplification where Craig's masculinity was found in his ability to top other people.  Jessie's confidence and outgoing personality made it clear that this was about Craig becoming comfortable with Craig, and being true to what he wanted and not just living the life others wanted for him.  For such a short, light story, I really respected how that was handled, and more than anything else, this book was fun, sexy and made me smile.

Highly Recommended!


1 comment:

  1. Danielle, thank you so much for reading my story! I'm so happy you enjoyed it. : )

    ReplyDelete