Sunday, February 28, 2016

New Release: The Queen and the HomoJock King (Tell Me It's Real #2)


Title: The Queen and the Homo Jock King (Tell Me Its Real #2)

Author: T.J. Klune

Publisher/GR Link:DreamspinnerGR

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: Drag queen, OFY, Comedy

Rating: 5 stars

Lock this book up: 3 keys.  The sex supports the great storyline.

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: A my-mouth-hurts-from-smiling HEA

Cover Impressions: I love it!

Best Line: “ ‘Wow,’ Nana said. ‘So apparently it’s cool these days to kiss like you’re wanting to eat faces.  That doesn’t look hygenic.’”

Synopsis: Do you believe in love at first sight?

Sanford Stewart sure doesn't. In fact, he pretty much believes in the exact opposite, thanks to the Homo Jock King. It seems Darren Mayne lives for nothing more than to create chaos in Sandy’s perfectly ordered life, just for the hell of it. Sandy despises him, and nothing will ever change his mind.

Or so he tells himself.

It's not until the owner of Jack It—the club where Sandy performs as drag queen Helena Handbasket—comes to him with a desperate proposition that Sandy realizes he might have to put his feelings about Darren aside. Because Jack It will close unless someone can convince Andrew Taylor, the mayor of Tucson, to keep it open.

Someone like Darren, the mayor’s illegitimate son.

The foolproof plan is this: seduce Darren and push him to convince his father to renew Jack It’s contract with the city.

Simple, right?

Wrong.

Impressions:  I’ve been waiting for this book for so long, and it was everything that I had hoped for and more!  I re-read book one, which was a total joy to re-live (and made me text my friends >.<  SEX FACE! all week.)  I loved revisiting Paul and Vince, and I ate up all of the hints about Darren and Sandy that I found in book 1.

The Queen and the Homo Jock was a welcome addition to book 1, and it had me laughing out loud as much, if not more, than book 1.  The dialogue in this book is just too much to classify in a few paragraphs…It is zany, outlandish, realistic, humorous and heartbreaking all at once.  Trying to find a “best line” in this book is almost impossible because there are so many to choose from.

This isn’t a book that has a slow build of of passion, or star crossed lovers, but it is a book that will make you laugh while you watch two men fall in love.  The romance is real, adorable, and endearing. 

If you haven’t tried any of Klune’s comedies, you don’t want to miss Tell Me Its Real or the Queen and the Homojock.  Klune has written one of my all time favorite novels (MM or any genre) in Into This River I Drown.  That book broke my heart as it put it back together.  These books could not be more different in style or story, or more similar in the sheer amazing reading experiences that they provide.

I probably don’t even need to tell you this, but get this one lined up on the top of your TBR pile.  These books are the “real” deal!


No comments:

Post a Comment