Monday, January 25, 2016

New Release: Inversion Point (Chaos Station #4)


Title: Inversion Point (Chaos Station #4)

Author: Jenn Burke and Kelly Jensen

Publisher/GR Link: Carina Press, GR

Genre: MM Futuristic, Science Fiction

Vice: Science Fiction, Space Travel, PTSD

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

Lock this book up: 4 keys.  This is a hot, sexy series that builds on an incredible love.

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA, with some more to follow!

Cover Impressions: I love the look of this whole series.

Best Line: “Never letting go.”

Synopsis: Zander and Felix's relationship has been to the brink and back: the Human-Stin War, imprisonment and an actual death/resurrection. Zander's death, to be specific, and the experience has left him…changed. The mysterious race known as the Guardians chose to revive him and appointed him as their emissary. A high honor, but he could do without the group of would-be cultists following him around the galaxy.
When a recently discovered species destroys a stin probe, Zander's new role soon commands all of his time and focus. The human ambassador—Felix's ex-lover, much to Zander's annoyance—pulls them into strategy talks aimed at preserving galactic peace. Soon everyone is relying on Zander's Guardian tech to telepathically communicate with the strange aliens.
Only Felix seems concerned with the strain piling up on Zander, but he has his own resolve tested when the very stin that imprisoned him show up to a summit. Zander and Felix will both have to find a way to face their doubts and preserve their love—while preventing another galaxy-wide war.

Impressions: I could write for hours about this series, but the simple truth is that this is everything that is wonderful about a great science fiction adventure, a great romance, and a great story all in one amazing series.

This book was non stop action and had me glued to each page.  In fact, I was up about 3 hours past my bed time finishing it!  I was about 44% into the story, convinced I was going to read to the end of the chapter, and then- BAM!  I couldn’t dream of putting the book down until I had seen how things progressed.

Zed and Felix are such complex and real characters, and I love learning more and more about them as each book gives us more of their past, and shows us more of their future.  Seeing more about Zed’s family in book 3 really helped me to understand him, and in this book I was really eager to learn more about Felix’s past.  Burke and Jensen expertly weave backstories into the current plotlines as they develop the love and relationship between Zed and Felix.  With each new chapter of this series we get to see more of what makes Felix and Zed so hurt, and so perfect for each other. 

What I really loved in this book was the continued world, or universe, building.  I have been in love with the Ashies, and I loathe the Stin, and I was captivated by the new discoveries that I unfurled in this book.  The plot moves along at a perfect pace, and the new developments in action and plot help to highlight the evolutions of the main characters that we love.  These stories have an amazing cast of secondary and tertiary characters that I love, hate and love to hate.  I hope we see more in book 5!

I closed this novel with a great feeling of satisfaction, eagerness and anticipation.  I gleefully suffered a terrible book hangover all day, and I cannot wait until book 5 in May so I can see where these wonderful characters will leave us.  I trust Burke and Jensen will make book 5 as amazing as 1-4, but I don’t know if I can let these guys go!  They are some of my all time favorite MM pairs, and this might be one of my all time favorite series in ANY genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment