Sunday, January 11, 2015

Review: Dance with Destiny a Highly Recommended Read!



Title: Dance With Destiny

Author:  Sloan Johnson

Publisher/GR LinkGR 

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: Coming Out, loss, new beginnings

Rating: 4.75

Lock this book up : 4 out of five kets, very hot and supports the story.  Bring a fan!  It gets hot!

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA

Cover Impressions: I love it!

Best Line: "'I'm not going to fuck you tonight', I inform him bluntly. 'Fucking is something you do with a guy you're attracted to.  What I feel with you, Dom, it's so much more than that. Tonight, I'm going to make love to you so you'll never doubt my confidence that we're it for one another.'"

SynopsisTony DeLuca has to get to New York, nor’easter be damned. His older sister is getting married and it won’t matter to her if the entire east coast is shut down if it means she’s short a groomsman. She’s the only reason he’s willing to make the trip home to face a father who’s never forgiven him for wasting a perfectly good degree to become a firefighter. And that’s only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to everything about Tony that his father will never accept. 

Dominic Tricoli’s living his dream. He’s spent the past few years working to mesh his business degree and love of the outdoors into a thriving company, providing team building retreats for some of the country’s largest corporations. Unfortunately, there’s a price to pay for happiness, and having someone to come home to at night is the sacrifice Dominic made.

When Dominic overhears Tony’s plight, he’s drawn to help the man get to New York City. Little does Dominic know that one kind gesture will awaken a side of him he’s ignored for far too long. Against his better judgment, he gives in to his desires and Tony’s advances. Just for the night.

When destiny steps in, giving him another chance with the charismatic man who saved his hide, Tony’s willing to do whatever it takes to earn Dominic’s forgiveness and understanding. There may not be forever, but Tony’s determined to enjoy every single minute he’s given with Dominic.

You can’t fight fate. Whatever’s meant to happen, eventually will.
 

Impressions: I was lucky enough to read Ms. Johnson's earlier book, Teach Me, and I really enjoyed it.  I was really excited to read this one, and it totally surpassed my high levels of excitement!  This book was amazing, and I can't wait to re-read it.  I hope for more about these two guys, because Dom, and especially Tony, really captured my heart!

The story begins with two men driving a rental car to New York during a storm.  After a hot, but slightly awkward start, they meet up at a wedding, one there for the groom and the other for the bride.  

I was definitely captured from the start of the book.  I had a little bit of trouble keeping the MC's straight with the alternate point of views in the beginning, but I very quickly determined their very different personalities.  I really loved watching these guys realize how strong their feelings were, and I appreciated that Ms. Johnson really took the time to explore their complex backgrounds.

About 50% of the way through the book, I wondered how much more could happen.  The MC's were beginning to fall in love, Tony was getting close to standing up for his love, and Dom was coming along well, and I expected this to wrap up like a typical love story.  I was so glad it wasn't over, but I wondered what could come next.  What came next set this book apart for me.  

We really were able to experience the loss Dom had in his past, and we got to see the transformation that Tony went through.  Both Tony and Dom as a couple grew and faced challenges that were difficult, but which never tested their love.

I really connected with these two, and I loved their supporting characters.  The friends and families that supported them helped provide the support that these men both needed, and sadly lacked in their own lives.  I found them to be very realistic in their actions and reactions.

As for the end of the novel, while I won't give any spoilers, I will say that I really enjoyed it.  I know there are challenges that Tony and Dom will face, but I have every feeling that they will face them together.  I believe that the challenges are temporary, and I have every positive hope for their future.  I would love to see more from these two, as they are definitely at their HEA for love, and I want to see them get their life HEA too!  Great story and a very, very highly recommended read! 

Also, I would be remiss if I didn't take the time to say that this book was HOT.  Like turn the fan on hot.  The sex scenes were emotional and SO sexy!

Advanced copy received from author for an honest review.  


No comments:

Post a Comment