Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Book Review: Enticing Hart



Title: Enticing Hart

Author: Mae Hancock

Publisher/GR Link: Loose Id, GR

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: Cowboys, coming out

Rating: 4 out of 5

Lock this book up : 4 out of 5 keys, sex is very hot and appropriate to the story

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA, and looking forward to the stories to come

Cover Impressions: What's not to like?!  Hot cowboys and pleasant scenery. 

Best Line: "Oak clung to him and inhaled Hart's scent as he nuzzled his neck.  It was the safest place in the world."

SynopsisHart Emile is tired of cruising for guys, living a soulless existence. He needs a change; so when an acquaintance gives him the number of the gay friendly Red Fox Ranch that’s hiring for staff, he heads south.



Oak Redman is eighteen years old and desperate to explore his awakening sexuality. The moment Hart lays eyes on the handsome young rancher he’s smitten. Not only is Oak hot, spirited and very persistent, he is also the ranch boss’s son and strictly off limits. Hart tries to fight his feelings and to respect his boss and the family who quickly become dear to him, but after Oak's Grandma suggests he gets with Oak he can't deny himself the most exciting and enticing man he has ever met. 

Hart’s not the only man to have noticed how sweet and charming Oak Redman is. A family friend, Steve, is also anxious to have the affections of the young rancher. Can Hart work out Steve’s dark secrets before it’s too late and keep his job, his lover and his life?

Impressions: I liked this book, but it was a little iffy in the beginning.  I liked Hart, but I really did not connect with Oak at all.  He struck me as spoiled and selfish, and I was prepared to feel the same way throughout the book.  Fortunately, in a very short time I came to really like Oak, and to believe in the romance between Hart and him.  What bothered me about Oak faded into an understanding of his own lack of maturity, but coupled with his self awareness and willingness to change, my perspective on him changed as his character deepened.

This book was a fun, sexy Ranch romp, and it had the right blend of romance and intrigue that it kept my interest.  It was definitely hot, and the story, while high on plot drama, was fun and engaging.

One thing that set this apart was the character of Bey, and his struggles with OCD.  I found him to be complex and interesting, and I am hopeful that we will hear his story next.  (A little birdy hinted to me that that might be the case! Loose Id has contracted for the second book in the story, and if I tell you it has "Cotton" in the title, you'll understand my excitement!)

Bey was handled with compassion and realism, and what could have been a contrived plot device became something much more believable and integral to the coming stories.  

Definitely check this one out!  I know I will be checking for the next book, and awaiting more sexy times from this ranch!


No comments:

Post a Comment