Thursday, January 1, 2015

Coming Soon: On Solid Ground, by Melissa Collins

Title: On Solid Ground

Author: Melissa Collins

Publisher/GR LinkGR

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: Tattoos, Military, PTSD, Piercings

Rating: 5 out of 5

Lock this book up : 4 Keys...Sex is very hot and totally fits the story!

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: Very satisfied!  HEA

Cover Impressions: Just wait until tomorrow!! But its all good!

Best Line:"No you don't, because I haven't said it...I keep trying to push you away because you're the first real thing I've ever had in my life."

SynopsisWhen Jacob “Dax” Daxton returns home from war, he has to fight a new battle – the one to find his place in the world. The man who normally has a clear path to victory surrounded by brothers in combat is suddenly lost and alone. After meeting Beckett Ridge, a bearded tattoo artist, Dax’s journey begins winding down an unexpected path.
Still reeling from events that shook his foundation, Beck has never been part of anything meaningful. Now faced with responsibilities foreign and daunting, Dax’s broken spirit mends Beck in ways he never even knew he was destroyed.
As both struggle to find balance, they are healed by the comfort they find in one other. On the other side of chaos, they hope to find themselves On Solid Ground.

Impressions:  I was very lucky to receive an ARC of this novel, which is released on 1/15/15.  This book is the second one that I have read from Melissa Collins, and both of them are simply wonderful.  Let Love Live, her first MM, was an amazing read, and it made me extra excited to get this novel on my kindle!

The characters in this novel are impossible not to love.  Dax has been through so much, and carries such a burden from his PTSD with him, that watching him grow and accept love is made even more beautiful.  Beck, tattooed, pierced, and so sexy, is there to teach Dax how to accept that love.

This story took me away in the best way.  I became totally immersed in the story, and I know that I will return to it many times in the future.  I loved the other characters, and I found the reactions and struggles to be so realistic.

Start counting down the days, because in two weeks and a few hours, you will know exactly why this is already I shoo-in for the top of 2015 list!

I was provided and arc for a fair and unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment