Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Review: Fortunate Blizzard


Title: Fortunate Blizzard

Author: LC Chase

Publisher/GR Link: Riptide, GR

Genre:  MM Contemporary

Vice: Disability/Illness, Snowstorms

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Lock this book up: 3 out of 5 keys- This book will keep you warm and the sex supports a great story.

Length: Novella (175 pages)

Satisfaction:  HEA

Cover Impressions: Adorable.  I want to wrap myself up in a blanket and dive in. 

Best Line:  “Eventually he needed oxygen more than he needed to kill Marc forever, but he only broke away enough to breathe.”

Synopsis: Artist Trevor Morrison has always appreciated the little things in life, treating each day as a gift. And with good reason: he’s been on the transplant-recipient list for too long now. When he learns just how numbered his days truly are, he resolves not to take them for granted. But he won’t be unrealistic, either—which means romantic commitments are off the table.

Marcus Roberts seems to have it all. He’s handsome, financially sound, and on the fast track to partnership at a prestigious law firm. In reality, though, his drive for success has meant no time for friends or relationships. Add in the fact that his family discarded him long ago, and he’s facing yet another holiday season alone.

When the biggest snowstorm to hit Colorado in decades leaves Marc and Trevor stranded at the same hotel, a chance encounter and a night of passion leads to more than either of them expected. Finding comfort in each other is a welcome surprise, but time is not on their side. Either they find a way to beat the odds, or they lose each other forever.

Impressions: As soon as I pull out my big, fluffy blanket and my sheepskin slippers, I’m ready for some cuddle up and read novels, and I could not have asked for a better choice than Fortunate Blizzard. 

Trevor is a great character who is trying to balance is quality of life with his quantity of life.  He is strong, and yet so torn as he acclimates to the short time he has left.  When he meets Marcus, he is gifted with a perfect weekend of connection and humanity.  When he has to leave Marcus, I felt his sadness, and Marcus’ heartbreak.

I loved the connection between these two guys.  The sparks fly between them both, and I loved watching Marcus realize that he has been missing out on something that he doesn’t want to miss out on anymore.

I found this story to be so sexy, sweet and fulfilling.  I wanted to cuddle up with Trevor and Marc and never run out of pages as I clicked away.  Sadly, like all good things, it had to come to an end, but I bet I’ll be revisiting these guys again.  You don’t want to miss this winter treat!


This is available now at Riptide's side, or for general release on 11/2/15.

No comments:

Post a Comment