Friday, March 25, 2016

5+ Star Book Review: A Gentleman's Postion by KJ Charles



Title: A Gentleman’s Position (Society of Gentlemen #3)- Releases April 5th

Author: K.J. Charles

Publisher/GR Link: Loveswept, GR

Genre: MM Historical

Vice: Regency, redheads and tight breeches

Rating: 5+ DIK

Lock this book up: 4 keys.  This one will fog up your glasses!

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA+

Cover Impressions: Love it.

Best Line: “I should learn my place…”

Synopsis: Among his eccentric though strictly principled group of friends, Lord Richard Vane is the confidant on whom everyone depends for advice, moral rectitude, and discreet assistance. Yet when Richard has a problem, he turns to his valet, a fixer of unparalleled genius—and the object of Richard’s deepest desires. If there is one rule a gentleman must follow, it is never to dally with servants. But when David is close enough to touch, the rules of class collide with the basest sort of animal instinct: overpowering lust.

For David Cyprian, burglary and blackmail are as much in a day’s work as bootblacking—anything for the man he’s devoted to. But the one thing he wants for himself is the one thing Richard refuses to give: his heart. With the tension between them growing to be unbearable, David’s seemingly incorruptible master has left him no choice. Putting his finely honed skills of seduction and manipulation to good use, he will convince Richard to forget all about his well-meaning objections and give in to sweet, sinful temptation.

Impressions: I don’t think I have ever felt this way before….I am at a loss for words.  That nevr has happened to me before?  My review may be coherently expressed as: hsjfhdjkfhorogjkj!!!!jkjlkljlak;s!!!!

It was, simply put,  a gem and a joy.  I could not put it down, and I could not get it out of my mind.  I have heard reviewers say that they finished a novel and immediately began reading it again, and I could not imagine anything like that ACTUALLY happening.  This book ALMOST made me do that, except I closed it and began book 2 again and read right through to book 3.   This is one of the best  Regency romances that I have ever read.

The connection between Davic and Richard has been slowly building, and while I knew who Richard was, I was so excited to see David’s internal thoughts and growth.  He was such a perfect match for Richard, and the romance gave me goosebumps.

This book was SO hot and sensual.  I know that I will come back to these gentlemen over and over again.  I could go on for pages and probably not make much more sense.  This book gave me the most exquisite book hangover and I loved every single second of reading and remembering it.






No comments:

Post a Comment