Tuesday, February 3, 2015

5 Star Review: The Truth as He Knows It

This book is released 2/10 from Samhain Press - Preorder it now!



Title: The Truth as He Knows It.

Author: A.M. Arthur

Publisher/GR LinkGR

Genre: MM Contemporary

Vice: OFY, loss, cops

Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

Lock this book up : 4 out of 5, the sex is very hot but totally suits the story

Length: Novel

Satisfaction: HEA, with a few tissues

Cover Impressions: Cute, and looks like the mental image I had of the men

Best Line: "I want us, and everything that comes with us, and maybe even a dog."

SynopsisOfficer Noel Carlson isn’t out to anyone in small-town Stratton, Pennsylvania, only to distant friends and family, so a relationship is out of the question. That doesn’t stop him from wanting one, though.

When a night-shift call brings him face to thonged butt with a hired stripper whose girl-party gig went terribly wrong, Noel takes pity on the guy and lets him go. But he can’t get the encounter out of his mind.

Shane has big-time debts to repay, especially to the brother who sacrificed nearly everything for him. His two jobs, in a deli and as a stripper, leave him no time for a social life. But a non-date of hot sex and takeout food with Noel? He can squeeze that in.

The bond they form is stronger than either expected or wanted. Especially since the step Shane’s about to take to put his brother—and his soul—back in the black isn’t quite legal. And he never calculated just how much his determination to make things right will cost him in the end.

Impressions: I love AM Arthur's work, and this book is a loose spin-off from the Cost of Repairs series, but can definitely be read on its own.  I love that series, so I was pleasantly surprised to see a few familiar "faces" pop up.

If you love AM Arthur's work, don't let this one slip by you.  I got the same feeling of being swept away in a great story with three dimensional characters that I always get from Arthur's work.  If you are new to this author, this is a great book to start with.

I really loved Shane, and I found his relationship with his brother to be complex, realistic, and touching.  In a move right out of the Gift of the Magi, both work to help each other, and in the process sacrifice their mental and physical health.  

Noel was a great hero for Shane, and I enjoyed watching him develop and grow throughout the story. Their love was real and believable, and I yearned for the two of them to get their well deserved HEA.  You will need a few tissues along the way, however!

I have to say, I am VERY eager for the next book in this series!

Highly recommended!

1 comment:

  1. Agreed -- loved Shane and Noel, and they have a special place in my heart/on my keeper shelf. But I'm also eager for Gabe and Tristan next. :D

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete